The castle of Saint-Maire, built between 1397 and 1430, is a defense and residential castle in the shape of a large cube. Located at the northern end of the hill of the City of Lausanne, the building, which has been transformed several times, became the seat of the State Council in 1803 when the canton of Vaud was created. Classified as a historical monument in 1920, the castle now houses the State Chancellery and the staff of the Department of the Interior.
Between 2015 and 2018 a very important renovation campaign was carried out with a global intervention strategy focused on the conservation and rehabilitation of the historical substance of the building, the renovation of the technical installations and the energy system, a functional optimization of the spaces and a redistribution of the premises.
Emergency lighting concept
The lighting system implemented in this building is based on the use of 4 power plants (APG), supervised by a management center of the APRO-GEST type, allowing the visualization, the centralized management and the execution of a set of tests or commands on them. The choice of the use of power plants was naturally imposed to be able to set up, in this classified monument, a modern concept of emergency lighting integrating a part of the lighting points of the main contractor as well as the pre-existing supply network. All installed emergency luminaires are based on LED technology. This allows for long life and low energy consumption, in line with the expectations of our time and the desire to provide environmentally friendly products.